Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Proper "Lady Scientist"

Well, it has happened: the ol' dissertation has pushed my eyeballs past their limit. I had an eye appointment and the doctor suggested I invest in a pair of those over-the-counter reading glasses you can buy to give my eyes a little break. CW is excited because, as he has  told me on many occasions, he thinks I would "look adorable in glasses." I'm excited because my head is already starting to hurt less from the eye strain, and everything I read is a whole lot clearer!

So, here I am in my new specs, doing my very best "I'm a scientist" impression. Note the tell-tale characteristics: hair up in a bun; expression of deep contemplation; and the absolutely defining characteristic of the elusive North American Lady Scientist Grad Student -- the (Halloween) pencil in the hair! (That's how you know I'm bona fide!)


Hope CW likes them!

2 comments:

  1. Yep! You're Bona Fide! They look great Honey. Hope they really help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly seem to be helping. I might actually get a second pair -- slightly stronger -- for when my laptop is a little farther away. These seem to be doing the trick for up-close reading, though! (And CW approves!)

      Delete